Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What would you do here?
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 11:20 AM #1
cryptic3(888mod)
Posts: 14,222
Date Joined: May 5, 2006
Status: happy as bunny in a box of carrots :)
Rank: Royal Flush
Omaha obviously, its the forum league game so points matter.

What do you do here? I have added the cards from my opponent. You have 5718 chips.

Personally if I get called I expect to see at least 2 spades in their hand with whatever other outs they have.

b72d33a900c4c076ec434cafca550372.png?v=257400
Will all my888poker members please ensure they have their 888poker player name in their profile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 12:46 PM #2
Andy (Sitout747)
Posts: 3,339
Date Joined: Nov 16, 2010
Status: doing a blog
Rank: Royal Flush
Just to be clear on the betting chris so the villan has put in a pot size bet and you go over the top and reraise him/her to 3700 at this point are you saying the Villan still has 5718 stack left before he/she has to fold/call or raise.

As its a forum game i presume you know the player as you dont seem to have notes on anyone

Well you have a good hand i have run it through a calculator and your 71.63% favorate at this point.

The question what would you do? Is that for the villan at this point or for you and the villan reraises and puts you all in ?

Andy 
if your going to raise me .... have a big pair
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 01:10 PM #3
cryptic3(888mod)
Posts: 14,222
Date Joined: May 5, 2006
Status: happy as bunny in a box of carrots :)
Rank: Royal Flush

04 May 15 06:46 AM , Andy (Sitout747) wrote:

Just to be clear on the betting chris so the villan has put in a pot size bet and you go over the top and reraise him/her to 3700 at this point are you saying the Villan still has 5718 stack left before he/she has to fold/call or raise.

As its a forum game i presume you know the player as you dont seem to have notes on anyone

Well you have a good hand i have run it through a calculator and your 71.63% favorate at this point.

The question what would you do? Is that for the villan at this point or for you and the villan reraises and puts you all in ?

Andy 




Sorry thought it was pretty obvious.

I have acted so it is what would you (the villain) do and yes you (the villain) has 5718 behind, you can see I have 524 and am pot committed whatever and also GTD to be ahead at this point.

Will all my888poker members please ensure they have their 888poker player name in their profile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 01:48 PM #4
Andy (Sitout747)
Posts: 3,339
Date Joined: Nov 16, 2010
Status: doing a blog
Rank: Royal Flush
ok lets see what xray or bill (im101) has to say on the matter or anyone else but from what i can see the villan has only committed his pot bet so far and would still be sitting pritty good shape with 5.7k so for me its an obviousely a fold ..... only other comment is..... have you been push on the villan in the last few hands or nicking his BB (though your out of possition to be the obvious bling stealer of his BB). Its an intresting one lets see what others say.

Andy 
if your going to raise me .... have a big pair
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 02:52 PM #5
im101
Posts: 780
Date Joined: Dec 21, 2011
Status: im101
Rank: Royal Flush

If you look at it from his point of view he's obv tried to nick it on flop

Probably with the thinking.... if you've come in under the gun you must have big cards

(he's clearly mistaken you for a decent player Wink)

So the intial bet out is ok,once you've reraised he has to put you on 1 of 2 hands... the set you have or the nut flush draw ,so his open ended draw is in bad bad shape,he could hit and still lose

So it's very easy fold 


 
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 04:53 PM #6
slim
Posts: 3,667
Date Joined: Jan 23, 2009
Rank: Royal Flush
As with what Bill says but you will get called by players with a lot worse hands as lots of players gamble in omaha, thats why its a profitable but at times frustrating game.
And also remember there are still lots in the forum that are still learning the game and make some strange calls, its knowing who can fold at times and who can not lay down any draw even if they could be drawing dead they cant see that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 05:58 PM #7
cryptic3(888mod)
Posts: 14,222
Date Joined: May 5, 2006
Status: happy as bunny in a box of carrots :)
Rank: Royal Flush

04 May 15 10:53 AM , slim wrote:

As with what Bill says but you will get called by players with a lot worse hands as lots of players gamble in omaha, thats why its a profitable but at times frustrating game.
And also remember there are still lots in the forum that are still learning the game and make some strange calls, its knowing who can fold at times and who can not lay down any draw even if they could be drawing dead they cant see that.




Hi slim, 

My post is not a bad beat one it is simply a 'what would you do' to see how/what others think of the hand.

I fully understand what you are saying though.

Please let me know what you would do if you were the other player...

call/fold/reraise 

Will all my888poker members please ensure they have their 888poker player name in their profile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  04 May 15 06:14 PM #8
slim
Posts: 3,667
Date Joined: Jan 23, 2009
Rank: Royal Flush
Fold you have all the info you need in the betting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  05 May 15 02:49 AM #9
Daryl
Posts: 2,446
Date Joined: Apr 25, 2009
Rank: Royal Flush
Easy fold for other player.

For future info mate can I suggest a much better way to post strategy threads (I have learnt this through experience and lot of discussions with some excellent players like David Doherty); post the hand without the opponents hole cards (or sometimes without any) and without the results. So many people that comment on strategy posts are too easily swayed by the results and upon seeing the cards, get them to define ranges for opponents given the betting patterns.

Some strategy posts I have done I have drip feed the info to the audience eg. this was preflop action, and flop what's your assessment at this stage etc then give turn and action etc, that way you can get a much more detailed analysis. Defining a range on river is always going to be very different to the range preflop, so in some cases and with some audiences it's better way to get more discussion going.

Some players will say the opponent shud fold his cards here but that may be based heavily on the fact they can see your hand and know the villian is in bad shape (this statement doesn't apply to Slim or Bill as I know they can play Omaha).

If you didn't post your holdings and just detailed the betting action, then people are forced to think what can Chris have here and what am I beating, ranges are thought about. To succeed and improve at poker, its ranges you want to be discussing, along with many other things like bet sizing, pot control, deception/trapping, and ultimately some higher level stuff like balancing your ranges, ICM etc.

Good to see someone posting a strategy thread up again though.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  05 May 15 06:04 AM #10
Xrayeye
Posts: 1,231
Date Joined: Jul 16, 2007
Status: Best result: Blackpool GUKPT main event 2013 - 3rd
Rank: Royal Flush

04 May 15 07:48 AM , Andy (Sitout747) wrote:

ok lets see what xray or bill (im101) has to say on the matter or anyone else but from what i can see the villan has only committed his pot bet so far and would still be sitting pritty good shape with 5.7k so for me its an obviousely a fold ..... only other comment is..... have you been push on the villan in the last few hands or nicking his BB (though your out of possition to be the obvious bling stealer of his BB). Its an intresting one lets see what others say.

Andy 



 


Well I went back to my history and checked the action, I've also noted the odds quoted and possible player perception etc and I have quite an interesting (but not impressive) opinion on this hand.


Unfortunately some players aren't interested in the opinion of a "luckbox" Wink so if you remind me at the bash Andy I'd be pleased to discuss it with you with the help of my odds app on my phone.

Don't let those with egos bother you, ignoring them bugs them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Online :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

    Twitter Feed

      888poker