Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 6 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 888poker's Fortune Trail
12 months ago  ::  08 Jan 18 09:00 AM #51
sir upit
Posts: 18
Date Joined: May 12, 2017
Rank: Quads
i like that the "play now" button and the "fortune trail" logo covers what my challenge is so i can not tell what my challenge is... pay 10 hands of something...?
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  08 Jan 18 12:26 PM #52
john (DENick}
Posts: 97
Date Joined: Dec 13, 2013
Rank: Straight Flush
as these ridiculous challenges are a blatant attack on your bankroll, ie the bigger your roll the higher your challenge, i suggest temporarily hiding your roll just before your new challenge.withdraw nearly all your funds get the challenge then reverse the withdrawal.
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  08 Jan 18 06:14 PM #53
cryptic3(888mod)
Posts: 14,238
Date Joined: May 5, 2006
Status: happy as bunny in a box of carrots :)
Rank: Royal Flush
I personally think you are .....searching for the right words here..... "trying too hard" "feeling you have to do them" not quite sure what phrase I am looking for but I can explain what I mean by simply saying that you do not "have" to complete your challenges, it is a free bonus offer you can do or not and there will be a new bonus to complete soon if you do not like the one offered that day. On the whole, I am guessing the promo is very popular.

I chose not to try to complete mine as there is easier cash to be made for me playing a few cash tables over the month or even in a few blast games for an hour.

It is always a personal thing if you fancy trying for the possible big bucks payout at the end of the promotion then great if like me you prefer small regular wins then we all have that choice.


Your money your choice probably sums it up Wink

But please don't moan if you don't like how it rolls Sealed


1
Will all my888poker members please ensure they have their 888poker player name in their profile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  09 Jan 18 10:09 PM #54
John
Posts: 196
Date Joined: Aug 2, 2011
Rank: Royal Flush

I e-mailed support politely asking them to change the wording of the sports betting challenge from live betting to in-play betting to avoid the confusion that is clearly catching people out.  Below is a snippit from their response.


"However, live betting is the ability to bet on sporting events as they happen, we understand that this may not be clear for some members but it is stated in the terms what types on challenges will be included.

Unfortunately, promotion challenges will not be changed at this time."



Wow is it such a big deal to change 2 words?  They even admit that people are getting confused.  Change it to in-play as its impossible to confuse which bet that is.  My confidence in 888 has been badly shook over the last 6 months and this has done nothing to help it.  Shinyone if you are still here m8,  you have mentioned it several times already about 888 not listening or not caring what we say and all I can say is that response from 888 prooves everything you have been saying.


I am going to go one step further and say that this could be interpreted as deliberate on 888s part to profit from the confusion.  I am not accusing 888, I am just saying how this could look.  It does not make logical sense to not fix such a simple issue.


Why do ye run these promos to encourage players to play and then treat us like kids?.

Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  10 Jan 18 09:23 AM #55
cryptic3(888mod)
Posts: 14,238
Date Joined: May 5, 2006
Status: happy as bunny in a box of carrots :)
Rank: Royal Flush
Isn't there a live betting tab in the sports lobby?  Surely if the promo says live betting any bets placed from that tab will be the ones that count?
Will all my888poker members please ensure they have their 888poker player name in their profile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  10 Jan 18 03:05 PM #56
John
Posts: 196
Date Joined: Aug 2, 2011
Rank: Royal Flush

10 Jan 18 03:23 AM , cryptic3(888mod) wrote:

Isn't there a live betting tab in the sports lobby?  Surely if the promo says live betting any bets placed from that tab will be the ones that count?



Hello Cryptic,  Yes there is but what happens is when players see the challenge they assume its bet at any time on a live sport.  They just go to sporstsbook and place a bet and think that is it, challenge done.  I got my answer from 888, I dont agree with it but I have to accept so Im moving on.  I hope others read this thread before placing a bet and at least it will save some people from making this mistake. 


Just for the record I dont bet on sports, I only got involved in this to improve the service.

Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  10 Jan 18 09:26 PM #57
Sean -888 Mgr
Posts: 3,251
Date Joined: Jun 24, 2010
Status: Handling it!
Rank: Royal Flush
Hi m888s,

I have just read through this thread and before I address the issues you have highlighted, I just want to take the time to wish you all a VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY and SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR! A bit late (maybe); but the sentiments remain all the same!

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback here and know that I will be monitoring this thread moving forward.

1. This promotion does not at all depend on your bankroll. Unlike some of our promotions in the past, these challenges are not personal; hence the values and the type of challenge vary daily.

2. Casino and sport are integral parts of the 888poker offering; therefore we reserve the right to include them in our promotions.

3. The promotion is set up in such a way that if you do not wish to participate in the sports and/or casino challenge, then the next day you will receive a challenge that may be more suitable for you.

4. The difficulty of the challenges also vary - there are three daily challenges and each gets progressively more challenging. If a challenge may be too hard for you to complete, then simply wait for the next challenge the next day - it will come and it may be more suitable for you. Smile

5. When someone is asked to "bet $500" in the casino, it does not mean that the person will lose $500 in the casino. Having a play-through requirement is an incentive to encourage casino play and you can see your prize in the corresponding chest. If luck permits, small bets add up and you can complete these types of challenges easily.

6. The suggestion about  the term "Live Sports" versus "In-play" is a very good one and it will be taken on board for the next promotion of this type. Apologies if the idea, initially, was not well received by our Support Representative.

I think I have addressed everything; but if I missed something, please repost/highlight and I'll do my best to get to it ASAP. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the wider 888poker community!

Good luck in life and at the tables all!

Sean

888poker community tournament passwords are here:
http://my.888poker.com/passwords
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  10 Jan 18 11:42 PM #58
Rhonda
Posts: 881
Date Joined: Aug 8, 2014
Rank: Royal Flush
Happy New year Sean.
Like the rest of you, after betting on the horse races realised I needed to bet whilst in play. So put my money on some football game that was in play.  This challenge did not register either!  So I have given up with any sport betting.

AND Chris, its not about trying too hard.  The promotion has the "opportunity" to win up to 250,000 dollars.  Who would not want to have the possibility of finding this in their last treasure chest?  For almost all of us playing this its a life changing amount of money.  I would be playing in the tournaments with a thousand dollar by ins, if I won that sort of money!  And by offering that sort of money as a prize, the majority of players will try to make their challenges in order to have a shot at the big prize!  But then 888 know this, and it is encouraging irresponsible gambling for those that have a problem, or desperately want to win "big"  Not on the poker playing because those are small challenges.  BUT 500 in the casino, or win 70 dollars from live play?

John take Jen's advice on the casino.  I had to bet 100 dollars.  So I put 20 on black and 20 on red x 5 spins, challenge completed without actually losing any money.  However with the possibility of the green 0 coming up you could also lose. Yesterday I decided to only play the poker challenges. If I only manage two challenges per day I will still make the final 100 with the amount of days left.

Good luck to you all, and I really hope that a forum ,member wins the "big prize"  If I do, I promise I will have a private tournament  for the regs and offer 5000 as prize money,
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  11 Jan 18 10:05 AM #59
john (DENick}
Posts: 97
Date Joined: Dec 13, 2013
Rank: Straight Flush

10 Jan 18 03:26 PM , Sean -888 Mgr wrote:

Hi m888s,

I have just read through this thread and before I address the issues you have highlighted, I just want to take the time to wish you all a VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY and SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR! A bit late (maybe); but the sentiments remain all the same!

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback here and know that I will be monitoring this thread moving forward.

1. This promotion does not at all depend on your bankroll. Unlike some of our promotions in the past, these challenges are not personal; hence the values and the type of challenge vary daily.

2. Casino and sport are integral parts of the 888poker offering; therefore we reserve the right to include them in our promotions.

3. The promotion is set up in such a way that if you do not wish to participate in the sports and/or casino challenge, then the next day you will receive a challenge that may be more suitable for you.

4. The difficulty of the challenges also vary - there are three daily challenges and each gets progressively more challenging. If a challenge may be too hard for you to complete, then simply wait for the next challenge the next day - it will come and it may be more suitable for you. 

5. When someone is asked to "bet $500" in the casino, it does not mean that the person will lose $500 in the casino. Having a play-through requirement is an incentive to encourage casino play and you can see your prize in the corresponding chest. If luck permits, small bets add up and you can complete these types of challenges easily.

6. The suggestion about  the term "Live Sports" versus "In-play" is a very good one and it will be taken on board for the next promotion of this type. Apologies if the idea, initially, was not well received by our Support Representative.

I think I have addressed everything; but if I missed something, please repost/highlight and I'll do my best to get to it ASAP. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the wider 888poker community!

Good luck in life and at the tables all!

Sean


sorry sean but the challenges are clearly targeting your bankroll n are clearly personal. i have friends who play much higher stakes n at  a much higher volume than i, but they keep there bankroll modest. their challenges are much smaller than mine sometimes by a factor of 10.same level same challenge but much higher.

Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  11 Jan 18 10:19 AM #60
slim
Posts: 3,672
Date Joined: Jan 23, 2009
Rank: Royal Flush

10 Jan 18 05:42 PM , Rhonda wrote:

Happy New year Sean. Like the rest of you, after betting on the horse races realised I needed to bet whilst in play. So put my money on some football game that was in play. This challenge did not register either! So I have given up with any sport betting. AND Chris, its not about trying too hard. The promotion has the "opportunity" to win up to 250,000 dollars. Who would not want to have the possibility of finding this in their last treasure chest? For almost all of us playing this its a life changing amount of money. I would be playing in the tournaments with a thousand dollar by ins, if I won that sort of money! And by offering that sort of money as a prize, the majority of players will try to make their challenges in order to have a shot at the big prize! But then 888 know this, and it is encouraging irresponsible gambling for those that have a problem, or desperately want to win "big" Not on the poker playing because those are small challenges. BUT 500 in the casino, or win 70 dollars from live play? John take Jen's advice on the casino. I had to bet 100 dollars. So I put 20 on black and 20 on red x 5 spins, challenge completed without actually losing any money. However with the possibility of the green 0 coming up you could also lose. Yesterday I decided to only play the poker challenges. If I only manage two challenges per day I will still make the final 100 with the amount of days left. Good luck to you all, and I really hope that a forum ,member wins the "big prize" If I do, I promise I will have a private tournament for the regs and offer 5000 as prize money,




I agree Rhonda who wouldnt want a chance at winning 250k. I think this must be small change for Chris but to others it could change there lives if they won the big one.
I would love to see a forum member take this down and like you i would offer a tournament to us forum regs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Online :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing